Yesterday I traveled back to the Department of Textile & Apparel Management at the University of Missouri. I can't believe it's been four whole years since I graduated! The faculty had asked a few recent alumni to speak to current students about what to expect during their first years post-college. I have to say, it was the first time I'd given a public speech about my life. Mid-speech, I found myself wondering, "Am I interesting?" Who knows, really?
While each speaker had different career experience, I did notice a common thread: most had switched jobs, and nobody's life had gone exactly according to plan. That was reassuring for me, as I recently left the security of a corporate job to work on a startup company for eco-friendly clothing. As someone who's always stayed on the safe side, it was a big leap of faith, but I'm SO much happier now. Little by little, the goal is getting closer...
It was awesome to see my professors and former classmates again. Also, we took a tour of the new Student Center (old-school Tigers: formerly Brady), which is by far the snazziest building on campus now. I'm glad to see Mizzou getting better each year! M I Z!
No comments:
Post a Comment