I'm also thrilled to let you know (all 3 of you? ha) that my business is progressing again after getting a couple issues worked out. More details to come soon, I promise! I'm excited to pursue something I'm passionate about and that will make the world a slightly better place. I've been keeping myself surrounded with inspirational quotes and supportive people. It keeps me motivated. Which brings me to a shout-out to my wonderful husband, Blake. I wouldn't have gotten here without you. Thanks for encouraging my happiness through my "WTF am I doing?" moments.
Our Christmas went a little differently than we'd planned. We prepared to make our usual trips to Columbia and St. Louis when our favorite feline, Champ, got sick. Poor buddy had gotten a UTI and a virus just after our move, probably due to the stress of all those new rooms to sniff out.
| Mom, what are these boxy things? New scratching surfaces? |
Here he is at his most pathetic:
| Congested kitty. |
Two animal clinic visits later, we decided we didn't feel right about leaving him alone for days. So we broke tradition and stayed in Kansas City over the holidays. Christmas morning was more low-key than I'm used to, but it was nice. We felt grateful for our new home and relieved that Champ was okay. I made these amazing muffins from my favorite vegan cook, Isa Moskowitz. They're worth writing home about.
Here are some photos from Christmas. We stayed in our pajamas all day. :)
| Blake got a new pot for brewing beer. |
| Champ and me, excited about the cat comic postcards. |
| Out of the woods! |
Presents were wrapped simply with brown paper, yarn (P.S. Much cheaper than baker's twine. Thrifty Maggie strikes again!), and stamps.
It was a cozy little Christmas indeed.
2012 was a memorable year. Blake and I got married and went on a life-changing trip to California. I finally got the nerve to quit my corporate job and pursue a career that works better for me. We bought a home and are planting roots in Kansas City. Even with all that under our belts, I have a feeling that 2013 will be just as amazing!
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment