Thursday, October 11, 2012

Happy Thoughts

Time for this week's happy thoughts!

1. Fall!!!
Brisk weather is here, the leaves are turning...

...apples are in season, pumpkin muffins baked, new boots are ordered and on the way to me!

2. Budgets Aren't All Bad
Blake's and my nemesis, "the budget," has taken some adjustment, but we are showing discipline and being thrifty! We are hoping to save up $$$ for a condo! Remind me not to succumb to Kate Spade's temptations... Bad Kate.

3. Trader Joe's
While Whole Foods still has the key to my heart, I admit that TJ's is more affordable for routine grocery trips. Cheers to healthy, organic food for all! Tonight we are making lentil chili, which is an old standby for Blake and me.

4. Squeaky Clean
My OCD has reached new heights. I made cleaning checklists for the kitchen and bathroom, and it's kind of the best thing ever. I modified Real Simple's template to take out the ridiculous steps and put the tasks in optimal order (like wiping the bathroom mirror after cleaning the counter). If I ever figure out how to upload a document, I'll post them here.

5. Pinterest
As my free time has increased, so has my obsession with Pinterest... which, interestingly, now eats up a lot of my free time. Oops. But it's beautiful, organized collecting! Genius.

3 comments:

  1. TJ's is the best. Also, I can't wait for some chili.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me happy! I think the more happy part was the fact that you bought new boots! I must say I'm very excited for you and am eager to see what you bought... you know me I'm a total shoeaholoic =)

    Glad to hear all is well, Miss you love!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a small wedge, so the heel's probably at least 4 inches too short for your liking. ;) xoxo, hope to see you around the holidays!

      Delete